Verb(1) make a request or demand for something to somebody(2) direct or put; seek an answer to(3) consider obligatory; request and expect(4) address a question to and expect an answer from(5) require as useful, just, or proper(6) make a date(7) require or ask for as a price or condition
(1) And we must also remember that he has never won a Major going into the final round behind - so it will be a tough ask .(2) I knew it was about my father, but it felt like she was asking me permission to ask something about him.(3) There's a simple way to avoid having to ask or answer that question.(4) you couldn't ask for better(5) Jenny - what woman in their right mind would ask her ex for permission to date her next boyfriend?(6) An abundance of alcohol leads the boys to let their proverbial hair down; they ask Verdu along on a summer road trip, thinking she'll never say yes.(7) to ask sb's permission for sth(8) You're blessed with the first two, but the last may be too big an ask .(9) If you end up paying around two thirds of the initial ask then you are doing fine.(10) ask them in(11) The manager's positive mindset has rubbed off on players who refuse to believe the task of holding Rangers is too big an ask .(12) For anyone to come up with anything constructive is a huge ask and task!(13) don't be afraid to ask for advice(14) For any youngster to make an impact on the selectors in Australia, the prime ask would be consistency.(15) to ask sb sth(16) Is it too much to ask for to have at least one popular or semi-popular boy ask me to one of the dances or even out for pizza.
(1) ask for :: пурсед
(2) to ask :: пурсидан
(3) ask questions :: савол
(4) ask out :: мепурсанд, аз
(5) ask for help :: мепурсанд, барои кӯмак
(6) ask a question :: як савол
(7) ask about :: мепурсанд
(8) if you ask me :: Агар аз ман мепурсанд
(9) ask to leave :: хоҳиш тарк
(10) ask for it :: мепурсанд, барои он
1. inquire ::
2. put forward ::
3. request ::
4. invite ::
5. call for ::
6. require ::
1. answer ::
2. respond ::
ask, asked, asks
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Hey, lady, are you still there?
Ask her if she's still there.
Breaking Bad Season 3, Episode 13
and that I shall ASK no service of you
that might bring you dishonor.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 5
So I have to ASK.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 20
Can I ASK you
a question about women?
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 23
there's been something
I've wanted to ASK you
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 11
English to Tajik Dictionary: ask
Meaning and definitions of ask, translation in Tajik language for ask with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of ask in Tajik and in English
Tags for the entry "ask"
What ask means in Tajik, ask meaning
in Tajik, ask definition, examples and pronunciation
of ask in Tajik language.