Noun(1) a possibility due to a favorable combination of circumstances(2) an unknown and unpredictable phenomenon that causes an event to result one way rather than another(3) a risk involving danger(4) a measure of how likely it is that some event will occur; a number expressing the ratio of favorable cases to the whole number of cases possible(5) the possibility of future success
Verb(1) be the case by chance(2) take a risk in the hope of a favorable outcome(3) come upon, as if by accident; meet with
Adjective(1) occurring or appearing or singled out by chance
(1) Never wanting to be actively involved in politics, television happened by chance .(2) I'm a realist and I don't think we're in with a chance , but we won't be far behind.(3) there's a chance we'll see him there(4) she decided to chance it anyway(5) Does Jesus not say in the Bible about giving people a second chance ?(6) Critically ill infants born outside the capital are being given a fighting chance of survival through a national transport programme.(7) Now, after playing in two losing grand finals, he has the chance to achieve what he really wants in football.(8) Burlison invented fuzz by chance when he accidentally dropped his amplifier to the floor before a gig.(9) Devolution was neither inevitable nor did it happen by chance , but rather as the result of a positive choice for change.(10) This album will turn up, by chance , in the hidden trove of the reseller of Cabrera Infante's books.(11) Things can change, but none of these teams look like having a realistic chance of progressing through the play-offs.(12) Alvarez had another good chance in the 20th minute.(13) If a result is significant, it means that you're pretty sure that it's unlikely to have happened by chance .(14) Secondly, there must be a chance meeting between the right female and male.(15) Large-scale cooperative ventures stand the best chance for success, difficult though cooperation may be.(16) Surely this was a discrepancy that could not have arisen by chance , and is proof positive of a systematic bias amounting to racism.
(1) by chance :: тасодуфан
(2) last chance :: имконияти гузашта
(3) no chance :: ягон имконият
(4) take a chance :: як имконияти
(5) by any chance :: аз ҷониби ҳама гуна имконият
(6) stand a chance :: истода имконият
(7) good chance :: имконияти хуб
(8) meet by chance :: ҷавобгӯ тасодуфан
(9) find by chance :: пайдо тасодуфан
(10) take the chance :: гирифтани имконияти
1. accidental ::
2. casual ::
3. possibility ::
4. opportunity ::
5. risk ::
6. accident ::
7. prospect ::
8. fortune ::
9. probability ::
10. happen ::
11. risk ::
12. take chances ::
chance, chanced, chances, chancing
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
with a CHANCE to hit
the reset button.
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 11
Why would I bet on the man
with the worst CHANCE?
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 2
sell out his partner
for the CHANCE
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 13
...we stand a CHANCE.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 10
then he has nothing to gain
and everything to lose, so why CHANCE it?
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 9
English to Tajik Dictionary: chance
Meaning and definitions of chance, translation in Tajik language for chance with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of chance in Tajik and in English language.
Tags for the entry "chance"
What chance means in Tajik, chance meaning in Tajik, chance definition, examples and pronunciation of chance in Tajik language.