Noun(1) a binding agreement between two or more persons that is enforceable by law(2) (contract bridge(3) a variety of bridge in which the bidder receives points toward game only for the number of tricks he bid
Verb(1) enter into a contractual arrangement(2) engage by written agreement(3) squeeze or press together(4) be stricken by an illness, fall victim to an illness(5) become smaller or draw together(6) make smaller(7) compress or concentrate(8) make or become more narrow or restricted(9) reduce in scope while retaining essential elements
(1) When bidding a contract with a minor suit as trumps, the suit is not mentioned.(2) When people laugh, their muscles contract , their pulse rates rise and their breathing is faster.(3) The factory should be self contained and contract for, order and pay for all materials obtained locally.(4) Sanctions on a country could affect its ability to contract for concessional lending.(5) In others, employers contract privately to provide the benefits.(6) Breath-holding helps create a firm base upon which the muscles can effectively contract .(7) When he can't succeed in killing himself, he hires a contract killer to carry out the job for him.(8) Mucus production increases and the muscles surrounding the airways contract , narrowing the space through which air can flow.(9) When these muscles contract , they don't directly push the head forward.(10) Planning permission has already been obtained for the terminal and British Gas intends to contract for the use of 2.2 million tonnes a year of capacity.(11) A contract of marriage may be made through agents acting ad hoc on behalf of the bride and bridegroom themselves, or of their guardians.(12) Biotech companies also contract with individual farmers to grow pharma crops.(13) It is always open to minority shareholders to contract for such representation.(14) He could claim that while creating and producing hit game shows, he was also a contract assassin for the CIA.(15) When an agreement is reached with the owner, a private contract is written and signed.(16) The company wants to contract for as much technological capability as it can.
(1) breach of contract :: вайронкунии шартнома
(2) sales contract :: шартномаи фурӯши
(3) to contract :: ба имзо расонидани созишномаҳои
(4) contract law :: қонуни шартнома
(5) sign a contract :: бастани шартнома
(6) service contract :: шартномаи хизматрасонии
(7) under contract :: тибқи шартномаи
(8) employment contract :: шартномаи мењнатї
(9) draft contract :: лоињаи шартнома
(10) social contract :: шартнома иҷтимоӣ
1. agreement ::
2. contract bridge ::
3. declaration ::
4. shrink ::
5. tighten ::
6. wrinkle ::
7. shorten ::
8. undertake ::
9. develop ::
10. incur ::
11. reduce ::
12. get ::
13. narrow ::
14. squeeze ::
15. concentrate ::
16. sign up ::
contract, contracted, contractible, contractile, contracting, contractor, contractors, contracts
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
I'm gonna bust you
for breach of CONTRACT?
Westworld Season 2, Episode 9
I will allow you to sign a CONTRACT
with your former master.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 10
That's why I've stipulated
in the CONTRACT that your contributions
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 18
Our CONTRACT is our bond.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 8
If you've got a problem
basing a relationship on a CONTRACT...
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 3
English to Tajik Dictionary: contract
Meaning and definitions of contract, translation in Tajik language for contract with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of contract in Tajik and in English
Tags for the entry "contract"
What contract means in Tajik, contract meaning
in Tajik, contract definition, examples and pronunciation
of contract in Tajik language.