Adjective(1) following accepted customs and proprieties(2) conforming with accepted standards(3) (weapons(4) unimaginative and conformist(5) represented in simplified or symbolic form(6) in accord with or being a tradition or practice accepted from the past(7) rigidly formal or bound by convention
(1) Most of these pollsters have models based on a conventional election, not one in which turnout patterns move in one marked direction.(2) A single person on Ôö¼├║15,000 a year could borrow Ôö¼├║48,750 under a conventional loan based on 3.25 times income.(3) Such people are very conventional and orderly in all they have to do.(4) So when she asks if the tragedy would have happened had they been more conventional , is it not simply an illustration of the way parents blame themselves, whether at fault or not?(5) I used to believe the conventional wisdom that the best way to answer the telephone was to smile when you are speaking.(6) That's right, but they were not conventional people.(7) The idea is to have conventional people adopt it.(8) But sometimes what we assume (based on conventional viewing habits and expectations) may be wrong, or at least unclear.(9) In his own existence, he was very conventional .(10) ├ö├ç├┐This industry is not based on conventional career paths, so look for breaks to work your way up the ladder├ö├ç├û he advised.(11) And thank God only conventional weapons were used.(12) If princes ought not to conduct themselves according to the dictates of conventional morality, how ought they to conduct themselves?(13) It's a harrowing and rather conventional tale of one man overcoming many obstacles - poverty, blindness and drugs - to become a great star.(14) He said a career in accountancy marked him as a conventional person, someone who played it safe, but his degenerative eye condition and love of travel meant he had been forced to take risks.(15) From this, we may learn that the hero is a fundamentally conventional person, despite what he's been doing for the past five minutes.(16) I now it's not one of his more conventional works, but I love it when humor artists get macabre.
(1) conventional wisdom :: ҳикмати анъанавӣ
(2) conventional oven :: танӯр анъанавӣ
(3) conventional weapons :: силоҳи анъанавӣ
(4) non-conventional :: ғайри анъанавӣ
(5) conventional war :: ҷанги анъанавӣ
1. orthodox ::
2. normal ::
3. conservative ::
4. unoriginal ::
5. ceremonious ::
6. schematic ::
1. unconventional ::
2. unusual ::
conventional, conventionalize, conventionalizes, conventionally
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
the CONVENTIONAL DDR3 memory.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 19
we didn't have sex in
the CONVENTIONAL sense.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 1
English to Tajik Dictionary: conventional
Meaning and definitions of conventional, translation in Tajik language for conventional with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of conventional in Tajik and in English language.
Tags for the entry "conventional"
What conventional means in Tajik, conventional meaning in Tajik, conventional definition, examples and pronunciation of conventional in Tajik language.