Noun(1) the layer of unmyelinated neurons (the grey matter(2) the tissue forming the outer layer of an organ or structure in plant or animal(3) the tissue that surrounds the lens nucleus
(1) The amount of melanin in the cortex of each hair determines its color.(2) The infection spreads and destroys the epiphyseal cortex , the intervertebral disc and the adjacent vertebrae.(3) The photographs indicate movement of oil from treated leaf surfaces to stems and extensive distribution of oil in the mesophyll, cortex , phloem, xylem, and pith of plant tissues.(4) The color of a person's hair is determined by the amount and distribution of melanin in the cortex of each hair (the same melanin that's found in the epidermis).(5) It should be pointed out that by day 6 the leaf blade, the petiole and the stem cortex had lost a similar percentage of water.(6) Embedded in the cortex are numerous leaf traces that enter leaf petioles in the outer cortex and root mantle.(7) The nucleus accumbens is involved in motivation and reward, and the parietal cortex is important for sensory-motor function.(8) The cortex (inner layer) of your hair is protected by the cuticle (outer layer).(9) The polar bodies lie near the cortex and are not visible in this plane of focus.(10) In fact, the cortex , midbrain, medulla and spinal cord are already simultaneously active when a baby moves a limb.(11) The notion that the root cortex of flowering plants that grow in aquatic or wetland environments under hypoxic conditions is comprised primarily of enlarged air spaces, or lacunae, has been considered for at least 150 years.(12) The cortex of the bone becomes thinned leading to pathologic fracturing and distortion of the bones in the face and skull.(13) A similar result was obtained in an autopsy study in which the cadmium concentration of the kidney cortex was analyzed.(14) The eye has been compared to a camera due to its ability to process images for interpretation by the occipital cortex of the brain.(15) Such materials are known to be harder than noncomposites, such as the nonmelanic [beta] keratin that forms the cortex of white feathers.(16) Distribution of the cadmium concentration in the kidney cortex , liver, and lung, with respect to age, is shown in Figure 1.
(1) cerebral cortex :: cortex мағзи сар
(2) adrenal cortex :: cortex adrenal
(3) prefrontal cortex :: cortex prefrontal
(4) renal cortex :: cortex гурда
(5) visual cortex :: cortex визуалӣ
(6) cingulate cortex :: cortex cingulate
(7) entorhinal cortex :: cortex entorhinal
1. cerebral cortex ::
cortex мағзи сар
2. pallium ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
not to the prefrontal CORTEX.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 19
When your prefrontal CORTEX
fails to make you happy,
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 1
So says your prefrontal CORTEX.
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 3
...freeing my prefrontal CORTEX
to work quietly in the background.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 14
but since my cerebral CORTEX is
twiddling its proverbial thumbs,
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 20
English to Tajik Dictionary: cortex
Meaning and definitions of cortex, translation in Tajik language for cortex with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of cortex in Tajik and in English
Tags for the entry "cortex"
What cortex means in Tajik, cortex meaning
in Tajik, cortex definition, examples and pronunciation
of cortex in Tajik language.