Noun(1) a small open container usually used for drinking; usually has a handle(2) the quantity a cup will hold(3) any cup-shaped concavity(4) a United States liquid unit equal to 8 fluid ounces(5) cup-shaped plant organ(6) a punch served in a pitcher instead of a punch bowl(7) the hole (or metal container in the hole(8) a large metal vessel with two handles that is awarded as a trophy to the winner of a competition
Verb(1) form into the shape of a cup(2) put into a cup(3) treat by applying evacuated cups to the patient's skin
(1) We drink it all up like a nice cup of warm cocoa.(2) Ned is awarded yet another prize cup for chopping.(3) they won the cup last year(4) Can you measure out a cup of rice for me, please, and leave it to soak in a bowl of water?(5) Half a cup of syrup (two tablespoons per serving) was all I needed in each of the dessert soups.(6) He presented the cup , individual trophies and man of the match award.(7) Practice narrowing your focus by hitting a tee that is stuck in the back of the cup directly on line with your ball.(8) Throwing a cup of bicarbonate of soda down a septic toilet each week will help to reduce acidity, and encourage the growth of waste-digesting bacteria.(9) If necessary, use a disposable drinking cup inside to hold water.(10) She received a silver cup and sash as well as a gold world medal which secures her place for next year's world championships to be held in Killarney.(11) Next, cup your left hand around your mouth and direct the sound straight into your ear.(12) He will receive a specially designed engraved crystal award from the cup sponsors.(13) He suggested one to two grams of dried thyme leaves (half to one teaspoon) in a cup of boiling water.(14) The cup is then lined with mud, fur, bark, grass, and paper.(15) But the ball lipped out of the cup on the 18th hole, meaning the Englishman's six points for his closing round ensured victory.(16) The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not participation in the blood of Christ?├ö├ç┬¬
(1) a cup of :: як пиёла
(2) coffee cup :: пиёла қаҳва
(3) paper cup :: коса коғазӣ
(4) world cup :: Ҷоми ҷаҳон
(5) suction cup :: коса Файзобод
(6) plastic cup :: коса пластикӣ
(7) cup and saucer :: пиёла ва saucer
(8) one cup :: як пиёла
(9) measuring cup :: коса ченкунї
(10) fruit cup :: коса мева
1. teacup ::
2. trophy ::
3. cupful ::
4. loving cup ::
5. transfuse ::
cup, cupful, cupfuls, cups
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Oh, you don't have a CUP. Oh, well.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 4
A CUP of wine to honor the one true god.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 1
Would you like a CUP?
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 17
Oh, that last Hunger Games
was not my CUP of tea.
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 8
It's a sample CUP.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 12
English to Tajik Dictionary: cup
Meaning and definitions of cup, translation in Tajik language for cup with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of cup in Tajik and in English language.
Tags for the entry "cup"
What cup means in Tajik, cup meaning in Tajik, cup definition, examples and pronunciation of cup in Tajik language.