Noun(1) the first or highest in an ordering or series(2) the first element in a countable series(3) the time at which something is supposed to begin(4) the fielding position of the player on a baseball team who is stationed at first of the bases in the infield (counting counterclockwise from home plate(5) an honours degree of the highest class(6) the lowest forward gear ratio in the gear box of a motor vehicle; used to start a car moving
Adjective(1) preceding all others in time or space or degree(2) indicating the beginning unit in a series(3) serving to set in motion, or maiden(4) serving to begin(5) ranking above all others(6) highest in pitch or chief among parts or voices or instruments or orchestra sections
Adverb(1) before anything else(2) the initial time(3) before another in time, space, or importance(4) prominently forward
(1) One of its first orders is to set up special tribunals to try members of the former regime.(2) Monday, the first of August(3) For the first time ever, local people have been given a forum to express their views.(4) I am now discovering the merits of a leisurely breakfast for the first time ever.(5) after the first live programme(6) If anything is to be learned from the whole sorry affair, it is that the child must come first .(7) There is no life story without fiction, but the story, your life, should come first .(8) she contacted me first thing(9) I am a driver myself and I know how difficult it is to park in these streets but surely lives must come first .(10) Sumire sighed, used to the routine she had undergone all during first through eighth grade.(11) The aims and compass of this edition have not changed from those of the first .(12) I don't have the first idea what happened(13) ladies first(14) feet first(15) Schoeman ranked first in the world last year in the 50 meter long course.(16) He is the first to admit, however, that this is more an act of God rather than a life plan.
(1) first name :: ном
(2) first of all :: дар ҷои аввал
(3) at first :: дар аввал
(4) first aid :: ёрии нахустин
(5) first time :: бори аввал
(6) the first :: аввал
(7) love at first sight :: Ишқ аз нигоҳи аввал
(8) first floor :: ошёнаи якум
(9) first aid kit :: аввалин маҷмӯаи кўмаки
2. fundamental ::
3. foremost ::
4. top ::
5. beginning ::
6. maiden ::
7. world-class ::
8. at first ::
9. before anything else ::
пеш аз ҳар чизи дигаре
10. in preference ::
11. first off ::
12. foremost ::
13. for the first time ::
14. novelty ::
15. start ::
16. first gear ::
18. first base ::
1. final ::
2. last ::
3. latter ::
4. terminal ::
5. ultimate ::
first, firstly, firsts
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
- ...King of the Andals and the First Men...
- Father will know if you do.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 1
I wanted to be here
when you saw it for the FIRST time.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 3
He created it here FIRST.
Westworld Season 2, Episode 7
First of all, when you say things like that,
people think you're crazy.
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 20
First of His Name,
King of the Andals and the First Men.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 7
English to Tajik Dictionary: first
Meaning and definitions of first, translation in Tajik language for first with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of first in Tajik and in English language.
Tags for the entry "first"
What first means in Tajik, first meaning in Tajik, first definition, examples and pronunciation of first in Tajik language.