Noun(1) a lofty level or position or degree(2) an air mass of higher than normal pressure(3) a state of sustained elation(4) a state of altered consciousness induced by alcohol or narcotics(5) a high place(6) a public secondary school usually including grades 9 through 12(7) a forward gear with a gear ratio that gives the greatest vehicle velocity for a given engine speed
Adjective(1) greater than normal in degree or intensity or amount(2) (literal meaning, sometimes used in combinations like `knee-high'(3) standing above others in quality or position(4) used of sounds and voices; high in pitch or frequency(5) happy and excited and energetic(6) (used of the smell of meat(7) slightly and pleasantly intoxicated from alcohol or a drug (especially marijuana
Adverb(1) at a great altitude(2) in or to a high position, amount, or degree(3) in a rich manner(4) far up toward the source
(1) It's the one thing that will keep you going when that mountain seems just too high to climb.(2) The firm says demand for industrial property from purchasers in the West Yorkshire area is high .(3) We have many women in high positions in the Church especially working in parishes.(4) I didn't get a hint of back-ache from the driving seat, or from pulling gear in and out of the high luggage area.(5) In the centre of the 10 km deep crater is a mountain almost as high as Mount Everest.(6) that cheese smells a little high(7) The fact that Britain's No 2 has a ferocious serve and a high opinion of his own abilities only makes matters worse.(8) This species ranged the high grasslands of western North America from Alaska to Mexico, while a lighter-built species (Arctodus pristinus) with smaller teeth inhabited the more heavily wooded Atlantic coastal region.(9) He had dark red hair and rather elven looking features - high cheekbones, sharp chin.(10) On the west side of the rock is a vertical wall about 8m high , covered in white and orange anemones.(11) Equally, the proportion undertaking further study is at a record high .(12) She grew up on the North Shore, and met Billy Davie when she was still in junior high .(13) Elsie was a petite woman with thick waves of dark hair and a high forehead.(14) The new Millennium wing at the National Gallery represents the marriage of high ideals and fine art.(15) he has a high position in the company(16) he was a man of high principles
(1) high school :: Мактаби миёна
(2) high heels :: дини пешини баланд
(3) high performance :: иҷрои баланд
(4) high blood pressure :: фишори баланди хун
(5) high-tech :: фанновариҳои баланд
(6) fly high :: парвоз баланд
(7) junior high school :: Мактаби миёна
1. tall ::
2. high-ranking ::
3. high-minded ::
4. inflated ::
5. strong ::
6. luxurious ::
7. favorable ::
8. high-pitched ::
баланд шудани мастакҳо
9. intoxicated ::
10. elevated in ::
11. in high spirits ::
дар рӯҳи баланд
12. gamy ::
13. eminent ::
14. mellow ::
15. at great height ::
дар баландии бузург
16. richly ::
20. high gear ::
21. high school ::
1. low ::
2. short ::
3. squat ::
high, higher, highers, highest, highs
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
That's probably HIGH.
Breaking Bad Season 3, Episode 9
The High Sparrow has hundreds
of Faith Militant surrounding him.
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 3
for that incident with the High Septon.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 3
After conferring with
His Holiness the High Septon,
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 8
of High Septon Maynard's 15,782 shits!
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 5
English to Tajik Dictionary: high
Meaning and definitions of high, translation in Tajik language for high with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of high in Tajik and in English
Tags for the entry "high"
What high means in Tajik, high meaning
in Tajik, high definition, examples and pronunciation
of high in Tajik language.