Noun(1) a sacred place of pilgrimage
Adjective(1) belonging to or derived from or associated with a divine power
(1) He was a very holy person who had a real interest in people.(2) Some were holding wooden crosses, prayer books, and other holy objects to ward off the evil spirits.(3) What do the lives and service of holy women teach us about ordaining women?(4) An elderly man, presumably seeking to protect the sanctity of this holy site, was shouting after them.(5) As a result my picture hopefully has a holy spiritual quality.(6) He put the turban upon his head and set the gold rosette as symbol of holy dedication on the front of the turban as the Lord had commanded him.(7) And within the latter community there are deep divisions, many due to the further attempt to discriminate between those who are or are not holy or Spirit-filled.(8) For the holy month culminates in a prescribed annual almsgiving, amounting to a tax on one's wealth and property, to be distributed in the coming year to those in need.(9) She became a constant visitor to the holy women of White Church(10) At the same time, it opens you to a respect and a reverence in fact, for what is true and holy in other religions.(11) To her he was godlike, noble, excellent, all but holy .(12) Three of the employees, who are Muslims refused to shave because it was holy month of Ramadan.(13) There are two main Muslim holidays: Eid Al-Fitr is a three-day festival at the end of the holy month of fasting, Ramadan.(14) Surely the pilgrim was innocent, and a most holy man.(15) When a temporary lifting of the curfew was announced in Jenin on the fourth day of the holy month of Ramadan in November 2002, the happiest of all were the children.(16) The holy man quickly surmises the scale of the problem.
(1) holy water :: оби муқаддас
(2) holy war :: ҷанги муқаддас
(3) holy man :: марди муқаддас
(4) holy father :: падари муқаддас
(5) holy day :: рӯзи муқаддас
(6) holy place :: ҷои муқаддас
(7) holy terror :: терроризм муқаддас
(8) holy communion :: саломатӣ муқаддас
(9) the holy ghost :: ҷон муқаддас
(10) holy orders :: супоришҳои муқаддас
1. saintly ::
2. godly ::
4. pious ::
5. pietistic ::
6. religious ::
7. devout ::
9. spiritual ::
10. righteous ::
11. good ::
12. virtuous ::
14. sinless ::
15. pure ::
16. numinous ::
17. beatific ::
21. sanctum ::
22. holy place ::
1. faithless ::
2. godless ::
3. irreligious ::
4. ungodly ::
5. unholy ::
holism, hols, holy
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
but I took a HOLY vow.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 10
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 16
Holy Mary, mother of God.
Breaking Bad Season 3, Episode 9
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 2
why didn't I think of that?
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 7
English to Tajik Dictionary: holy
Meaning and definitions of holy, translation in Tajik language for holy with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of holy in Tajik and in English
Tags for the entry "holy"
What holy means in Tajik, holy meaning
in Tajik, holy definition, examples and pronunciation
of holy in Tajik language.