Noun(1) a physiological need for food; the consequence of food deprivation(2) strong desire for something (not food or drink
Verb(1) feel the need to eat(2) have a craving, appetite, or great desire for(3) be hungry; go without food
(1) In three weeks, 60,000 men were lost through cold, hunger and relentless attacks.(2) her hunger for knowledge(3) He was in constant agony, a pain brought on by hunger and lack of energy.(4) It all helped to keep energy levels up, and made everyone forget the pangs of hunger and thirst, for well over three hours.(5) Jane awakens again later in the afternoon, faint with hunger and still numb from emotion.(6) These camps face severe problems of hunger , disease as well as security.(7) they died from cold and hunger(8) He announced yesterday that almost 100 tonnes of food would have to be sourced to avert the threat of hunger in the affected areas.(9) she was faint with hunger(10) What is required in the immediate is to save the lives of as many people as possible from hunger , thirst and epidemics.(11) We have enough resources in the country to look after our people in times of hunger and in times when they have plenty.(12) If I had meat and vegetables and nothing else, it was easier to control, but if I had potatoes and desert, the hunger got stronger.(13) Nearly half of this country's children are suffering from such severe hunger that their physical and mental development is being seriously retarded.(14) It alters the circuitry in the brain that regulates hunger and cravings for alcohol and nicotine.(15) I once went to a car boot sale and marvelled at the greed and hunger of the bargain hunters, me included.(16) Combined with the spectres of disease and hunger , the cold is expected to claim the lives of many who survived the initial earthquake.
(1) die of hunger :: мурдан аз гуруснагӣ
(2) dying of hunger :: мурдан аз гуруснагӣ
(3) of hunger :: гуруснагӣ
(4) hunger-strike :: гуруснагӣ-корпартоӣ
(5) ravenous hunger :: гуруснагӣ дарранда
(6) hunger for :: ташнаи
1. lack of food ::
2. desire ::
3. thirst ::
5. famish ::
6. lust ::
hunger, hungered, hungering, hungers
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Like Hunger Games?
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 9
the Gobi Desert was forced
by HUNGER to eat his own horse
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 20
They've got me in with a guy doing
something about HUNGER in Indonesia...
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 4
The lead in The Hunger Games is a woman.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 18
Have you ever known true HUNGER, my lady?
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 2
English to Tajik Dictionary: hunger
Meaning and definitions of hunger, translation in Tajik language for hunger with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of hunger in Tajik and in English language.
Tags for the entry "hunger"
What hunger means in Tajik, hunger meaning in Tajik, hunger definition, examples and pronunciation of hunger in Tajik language.