Noun(1) the sound of laughing(2) a facial expression characteristic of a person laughing(3) a humorous anecdote or remark intended to provoke laughter
Verb(1) produce laughter
(1) Time to actually talk to patients, make a fuss of the kids and have a laugh .(2) that's a laugh, the idea of you cooking a meal!(3) Kate's the funny, bubbly one in the group, so wherever they go they always have a laugh .(4) She gave a nervous little laugh , unable to hold his gaze any longer.(5) He had the same lopsided grin he sported to make people laugh at his antics.(6) If he was a bumbling character in a tv comedy he'd be a good laugh .(7) they had a good laugh over the row(8) it's not a matter to laugh about(9) they're good for a laugh(10) It was good to talk about it, have a laugh and clear the air.(11) Fun, light spirited and cute, you like to have a laugh , but never take a lot of things seriously.(12) we had a laugh about it afterwards(13) I have not heard an audience laugh so hard and so long in a movie theater in a long time.(14) Trying to make the audience laugh is perhaps not much more difficult than trying to explain why it laughs.(15) He looked back at his friend over his shoulder and laughed a short, hearty laugh .(16) I gave a mirthless laugh at her joke and continued my search.
(1) to laugh :: механдиданд
(2) laugh at :: механдидед
(3) laugh out :: хандон берун
(4) laugh off :: хандон хомӯш
(5) have a laugh :: як механданд
(6) evil laugh :: механданд бад
(7) laugh loudly :: хандон бо овози баланд
(8) make laugh :: кунад механданд
(9) belly laugh :: механданд шикам
1. chuckle ::
2. joker ::
3. joke ::
4. laughter ::
5. chuckle ::
6. ridicule ::
7. express joy ::
laugh, laughable, laughed, laughing, laughs
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
"' alt="(FAKES LAUGH)
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 2
We don't even understand it.[both LAUGH]
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 18
"' alt="(LAUGH ING)
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 6
Vikings Season 1, Episode 9
You make me LAUGH,
you make me a better scientist,
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 17
English to Tajik Dictionary: laugh
Meaning and definitions of laugh, translation in Tajik language for laugh with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of laugh in Tajik and in English language.
Tags for the entry "laugh"
What laugh means in Tajik, laugh meaning in Tajik, laugh definition, examples and pronunciation of laugh in Tajik language.