Adjective(1) has a good chance of being the case or of coming about(2) likely but not certain to be or become true or real(3) expected to become or be; in prospect(4) within the realm of credibility
Adverb(1) with considerable certainty; without much doubt
(1) it's more than likely that it'll rain(2) The most likely reason is that it falls across some heat gradient in the house structure itself.(3) who's the likely winner?(4) One reason for Essex's likely limitation on imported labour is the high cost of housing.(5) Now, it seems increasingly likely that you will soon topple sideways off the sofa arm and into the bin.(6) it's not very likely that he'll be here(7) Would it just have been more likely to have happened for some reason in this area?(8) They may reason that they are more likely to die from malaria or be bitten by a snake well before then.(9) On overseas pitches he has at times been the only Indian likely to get any wickets at all.(10) Lenhoff thinks defensive shares are likely to continue to do well for three reasons.(11) It is likely that only some of our sample will agree to participate in the research.(12) I think a more likely reason is that many of his posts are failing the Boring Man in a Bar Test.(13) Fay's apparent sweet tooth is likely to be rooted in a problem with blood sugar balance.(14) It is likely that O'Hara will be the only member of that side selected for Walker Cup duty.(15) The case for affirmative action in Bermuda has likely been set back by years.(16) It is likely that most of the conspirators had details of the plot drip-fed to them as the need arose.
(1) most likely :: яқин
(2) more likely :: эҳтимоли зиёд дорад
(3) very likely :: хеле
(4) likely to :: эҳтимол ба
(5) be likely to :: бошад, эҳтимол ба
(6) not likely :: эҳтимол нест,
(7) likely to be :: Эҳтимоли ба
(8) quite likely :: хеле эҳтимол
(9) equally likely :: баробар эҳтимол
(10) be likely :: эҳтимол
1. probable ::
2. plausible ::
3. unlikely ::
4. suitable ::
5. potential ::
6. probably ::
7. in all likelihood ::
дар тамоми эњтимолияти
1. doubtful ::
2. dubious ::
3. improbable ::
аз ҳащищат дур
4. unlikely ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
We'’re just as LIKELY to be happy
as any other two people.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 3
and who is LIKELY to play D&D.Yes.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 16
...such as stars
with planets LIKELY to develop life?
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 20
"New sweater vest?" And possibly,
though less LIKELY, "Nice sweater vest."
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 5
do you think it will make Jaime
more LIKELY to kill you or less LIKELY?
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 5
English to Tajik Dictionary: likely
Meaning and definitions of likely, translation in Tajik language for likely with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of likely in Tajik and in English language.
Tags for the entry "likely"
What likely means in Tajik, likely meaning in Tajik, likely definition, examples and pronunciation of likely in Tajik language.