- пайваст карданlockableбастақулфиқуфлҳост
Noun(1) a fastener fitted to a door or drawer to keep it firmly closed(2) a strand or cluster of hair(3) a mechanism that detonates the charge of a gun(4) enclosure consisting of a section of canal that can be closed to control the water level; used to raise or lower vessels that pass through it(5) a restraint incorporated into the ignition switch to prevent the use of a vehicle by persons who do not have the key(6) any wrestling hold in which some part of the opponent's body is twisted or pressured
Verb(1) fasten with a lock(2) keep engaged(3) become rigid or immoveable(4) hold in a locking position(5) become engaged or intermeshed with one another(6) hold fast (in a certain state(7) place in a place where something cannot be removed or someone cannot escape(8) pass by means through a lock in a waterway(9) build locks in order to facilitate the navigation of vessels
(1) They want to build a lock to keep the River Colne artificially high so boats can use the marina.(2) He reached out and curled a lock of hair behind her ear.(3) A protective husband accused of beating a man to death with a steering lock after his wife's car was damaged acted in self-defence, a court heard yesterday.(4) My attention had been momentarily distracted by a lock of hair curling over his eye.(5) One year is the year of the half guard; another is the year of the ankle lock .(6) I twisted a lock of hair around my finger, a nervous habit of mine.(7) The outer doors lock automatically at 8:00 p.m., three hours after the retail section has shut down.(8) If you experiment with using the top arm and the bottom arm you will typically find that it is easier for you opponent to rotate his leg out of the lock if you use the bottom arm.(9) Emily flicks a lock of her red hair with her fingers.(10) The new look Armentieres Square, with its continental-style piazza and canal lock with boats passing through, is the centrepiece of Stalybridge.(11) Most of Lindsay's injuries were a direct result of her method of affixing herself to the billboard - she put a bicycle lock around her neck and attached it to part of the billboard.(12) Instead they can apply the principle of an elbow lock , and let the technique form itself.(13) What's more, when he enters, the doors lock automatically and he's trapped inside.(14) all of this makes him a lock to make the Hall of Fame(15) He took a lock of my hair and brought it to his lips.(16) He released the steering lock and switched on the ignition.
(1) lock out :: бастани берун
(2) lock in :: қулф дар
(3) lock on :: бастани оид ба
(4) lock the door :: бастани дари
(5) caps lock :: ҳарфҳои калон даргирон
(6) lock away :: бастани дур
(7) steering lock :: Қулфи роҳбарикунандаи
(8) lock code :: рамзи қулфро
(9) combination lock :: Қулфи комбинатсияи
1. bolt ::
2. ignition lock ::
3. lock chamber ::
4. whorl ::
5. bolt ::
6. join ::
7. become stuck ::
8. clasp ::
9. interlock ::
10. operate ::
11. shut up ::
lock, lockable, locked, locking, locks
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
And when it does,
I'm gonna LOCK you up.
Westworld Season 2, Episode 9
Seriously, you're not gonna
make me LOCK you in, are you?
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 10
"' alt="SHELDON\". Amy, quick, lock the door!
SHELDON". Amy, quick, LOCK the door!
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 18
You might wanna LOCK the door
behind me. This isn't Bozeman.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 13
Because we’re going
to LOCK the door from inside.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 8
English to Tajik Dictionary: lock
Meaning and definitions of lock, translation in Tajik language for lock with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of lock in Tajik and in English
Tags for the entry "lock"
What lock means in Tajik, lock meaning
in Tajik, lock definition, examples and pronunciation
of lock in Tajik language.