Noun(1) the use of movements (especially of the hands(2) a natural event that involves a change in the position or location of something(3) a change of position that does not entail a change of location(4) a state of change(5) a formal proposal for action made to a deliberative assembly for discussion and vote(6) the act of changing location from one place to another(7) an optical illusion of motion produced by viewing a rapid succession of still pictures of a moving object
Verb(1) show, express or direct through movement
(1) Cllr Aird had tabled a motion calling on the council to provide additional support to the Tidy Towns committee.(2) More than 100 Labour MPs are threatening to vote against the bill on January 27 and 160 have signed a protest motion over fees.(3) Of the executive committee members, 14 supported the no-confidence motion while only three members voted against it.(4) When Don said this he picked up his table knife and made a thrusting motion with it.(5) He made a motion to Renny to pull out local navigation charts.(6) The president's substantial majority in the legislature ensured that any impeachment motion would fail.(7) The motion seeking those orders was dismissed and the applicant then appealed to the Federal Court.(8) The respondent has brought a motion for an order dismissing the application.(9) You could see the heat rising in waves off the highway and everything seemed to move in slower motion .(10) she made a motion with her free hand(11) At this nod, Kyle gave a quick motion to Keira, signaling that she should join them.(12) He made a hand motion to indicate that he did not want it.(13) Mr Meacher has signed a Commons motion which says MPs should have the opportunity to consider the issue before ministers give the go-ahead to license GM crops.(14) For all of the above reasons, the Applicants' motion for contempt is denied.(15) Berna made a slow sweeping motion with one arm.(16) The scientist pushes the pendulum across a pin board of magnets and it jerks randomly in constant motion .
(1) slow motion :: ҳаракат суст
(2) motion picture :: кино
(3) in motion :: дар ҳаракат
(4) motion sickness :: беморӣ ҳаракат
(5) motion pictures :: тасвирҳо ҳаракат
(6) set in motion :: танзим дар ҳаракат
(7) loose motion :: ҳаракат фуҷур
(8) perpetual motion :: ҳаракат ҷовид
(9) poetry in motion :: Маҷмӯаи шеърҳо ҳаракат
(10) forward motion :: ҳаракат ба пеш
1. movement ::
2. gesture ::
3. proposal ::
5. question ::
6. gesture ::
7. gesticulate ::
motion, motioned, motioning, motionless, motions
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
This is making me a
little MOTION sick.
The Big Bang Theory Season 11, Episode 14
You have to make a MOTION.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 7
Now, inside we've got MOTION detectors,
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 13
It's already in MOTION.
Money Heist Season 3, Episode 8
...caused by relative MOTION between
the source of the wave and the observer.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 6
English to Tajik Dictionary: motion
Meaning and definitions of motion, translation in Tajik language for motion with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of motion in Tajik and in English language.
Tags for the entry "motion"
What motion means in Tajik, motion meaning in Tajik, motion definition, examples and pronunciation of motion in Tajik language.