Adjective(1) immediately following in time or order(2) nearest in space or position; immediately adjoining without intervening space(3) (of elected officers(4) (of a day of the week, or nearest but one
Adverb(1) at the time or occasion immediately following
(1) The bow of Dauntless will follow that of Daring next May, with Diamond at the end of 2006.(2) from one moment to the next(3) Mr Laws said the next meeting of the committee would look at the review process.(4) Dairy farmers will get the chance to discuss the future of the sector with leading industry figures next month.(5) what happened next?(6) He called for a report to be prepared for the next Board meeting on the future plans for the hospital.(7) One moment this most voracious variety is knee high to your clematis, the next it is tickling your guttering.(8) They are expected to leap again next month following the release of the Hollywood film of the book.(9) Suddenly frustrated by this state of affairs I leave drunkenly to head over to the next party.(10) I learned this important bit of information through the friendliness of an entire stranger who sat next me at the counter of a large draper's shop.(11) The next he heard a bump and saw a propeller flying away from the plane.(12) There should be open cavities at either end to allow room for the next person's thoughts.(13) But CJ tells me I have to be nice to him when he comes round to mow their lawns next .(14) What I am aiming for is to win the next election and this is part of the process I have to go through to do it.(15) One minute we are presented as the pride of the nation, the next we're all fair game for criticism again.(16) That, he says, is simply to avoid offending his hardworking colleagues in the next room.
(1) next to :: дар наздикии
(2) next week :: ҳафтаи дигар
(3) next time :: маротибаи дигар
(4) next year :: соли оянда
(5) the next day :: рӯзи дигар
(6) next month :: моҳи оянда
(7) next day :: рӯзи дигар
(8) the next :: оянда
1. following ::
3. side by side ::
паҳлӯ ба паҳлӯ
5. then ::
1. antecedent ::
2. foregoing ::
3. precedent ::
4. preceding ::
5. previous ::
6. prior ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Next time, don't yousa bring mama to work.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 15
Maybe NEXT time.
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 8
The NEXT clue
must be hidden
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 3
- So, Penny, when's the new job start?
- Next Monday.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 2
Ah, yes. It's right NEXT
to the laxative booth.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 17
English to Tajik Dictionary: next
Meaning and definitions of next, translation in Tajik language for next with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of next in Tajik and in English
Tags for the entry "next"
What next means in Tajik, next meaning
in Tajik, next definition, examples and pronunciation
of next in Tajik language.