Noun(1) a small contrasting part of something(2) a small area of ground covered by specific vegetation(3) a piece of cloth used as decoration or to mend or cover a hole(4) a period of indeterminate length (usually short(5) a short set of commands to correct a bug in a computer program(6) a connection intended to be used for a limited time(7) sewing that repairs a worn or torn hole (especially in a garment(8) a protective cloth covering for an injured eye(9) a piece of soft material that covers and protects an injured part of the body
Verb(1) to join or unite the pieces of(2) provide with a patch; also used metaphorically(3) mend by putting a patch on(4) repair by adding pieces
(1) I looked down at the used bandage in her hand, and saw it had a large patch of bright redness stained in the middle of it.(2) He needs to go online to download a patch to get his DSL working.(3) The laptop needs to patch into the telephone, and get its connectivity via cellular networks.(4) Although consumers still need to wait for the phone company to patch their line into Covad's equipment at the central office there is no other delay.(5) The perioperative nurse applies another dose of topical anesthetic drops to the surgical eye and may patch the nonsurgical eye.(6) they did their best to patch up the gaping wounds(7) The patch modifies this function and adds the following lines of code.(8) From 30 to 50 percent of patients experience mild skin irritation under the patch .(9) Giving it a hard rub with her finger she revealed a shiny patch so bright she could see herself in it.(10) I think they will work very nicely with what we have planned for next year in the vegetable garden patch .(11) So I can help you patch things up with him to that capacity!(12) Last year, students were given information at that point on how to patch their operating systems.(13) And don't forget: If a patch of ground is not being used for the winter garden, plant a cover crop there.(14) patch me through to number nine(15) Liberalism had a bad patch in the late 20th century, not through lack of feelings, but through lack of arguments.(16) A third Bankers' goal made it a harsh scoreline for York, who are going through a bad patch after a great start to the season.
(1) patch up :: дарбеҳ боло
(2) patch panel :: панел дарбеҳ
(3) bald patch :: дарбеҳ бемӯй
(4) patch cord :: сими дарбеҳ
(5) to patch :: ба дарбеҳ
(6) vegetable patch :: ямоқи сабзавот
(7) nicotine patch :: дарбеҳ никотин
(8) patch test :: санҷиши дарбеҳ
(9) soul patch :: ямоқи ҷон
(10) patch of grass :: ямоқи алаф
1. cover ::
2. blotch ::
3. plot ::
4. period ::
5. spell ::
6. plot of land ::
7. bandage ::
8. mend ::
9. spot ::
11. mend ::
12. patch up ::
13. piece ::
patch, patched, patches, patchily, patching, patchy
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Let's put the PATCH on.
Money Heist Season 3, Episode 5
some Sour Patch Kids.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 10
Wait a minute, so the eye PATCH
and the insults worked?
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 8
going through a bit
of a rough PATCH,
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 7
so I'd PATCH them up.
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 8
English to Tajik Dictionary: patch
Meaning and definitions of patch, translation in Tajik language for patch with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of patch in Tajik and in English
Tags for the entry "patch"
What patch means in Tajik, patch meaning
in Tajik, patch definition, examples and pronunciation
of patch in Tajik language.