Noun(1) an executive officer of a firm or corporation(2) the person who holds the office of head of state of the United States government(3) the chief executive of a republic(4) the officer who presides at the meetings of an organization(5) the head administrative officer of a college or university(6) the office of the United States head of state
(1) In March the university announced that the president is retiring from office.(2) the president of the European Community(3) I never thought I'd be so well cared for by the president and the Republicans in Congress.(4) the Irish president(5) The president of the UFO Society of Ireland, Betty Meyler, believes the flying objects are a sign of life on other planets.(6) Samuel Pepys was the son of a London tailor and a president of the Royal Society.(7) Some nights ago my partner and I had dinner with the president of the University of Southern California and his wife.(8) The Republican president was eventually forced to resign in disgrace.(9) The council endorsed the policy, which was enacted by the university president .(10) However, if there is a dispute between the Church and State, both sides will have to refer the matter to the president of the Law Society of Ireland.(11) For the second time in less than eight months, the Simon Fraser Student Society has lost its president .(12) Lowe is the 15th president of the organization, and will serve as the national chair for the next two years.(13) For seven years he has sent appeals requesting the help of the president and prime minister but has not even received an acknowledgement.(14) It's hard to be interested in winning when your organization - from the president down to the manager - isn't.(15) The president of the Royal Society has told the government that scientific reasoning must be a core part of school education up until the age of 19.(16) The parliament will elect a president and two vice presidents, who will form a presidential council.
(1) former president :: Президенти собиқ
(2) vice-president :: ноиби президент
(3) senior vice president :: Ноиб-президенти калон
(4) run for president :: идора барои президент
(5) president of the board :: Президенти Шӯрои
(6) past president :: Президенти гузашта
(7) president-elect :: президенти тозаинтихоби
(8) as president :: президент
(9) a president :: президент
1. head of state ::
2. head ::
3. chairman ::
4. chief executive ::
5. prexy ::
6. chairperson ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
and tomorrow I'm gonna
tell President Siebert
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 20
into President Siebert's office.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 24
- You, the PRESIDENT of the university...
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 23
She wasn’t going to phone the PRESIDENT,
or the TV, or her fucking mother.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 11
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 13
English to Tajik Dictionary: president
Meaning and definitions of president, translation in Tajik language for president with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of president in Tajik and in English language.
Tags for the entry "president"
What president means in Tajik, president meaning in Tajik, president definition, examples and pronunciation of president in Tajik language.