Noun(1) (Roman Catholic Church(2) a country person
Adjective(1) of or associated with a province(2) characteristic of the provinces or their people
(1) The march led to traffic being blocked, before it came to a halt outside the provincial governor's office.(2) In terms of industry and employment Dungarvan, it has to be fairly acknowledged, ranks better than most provincial towns of its size.(3) He had travelled there from the town of Yopal, the provincial capital of the wealthy oil province Casanare.(4) The accident occurred some 8 kilometers west of Siem Reap town, the provincial capital where the famed temple of Angkor Wat is located.(5) Hundreds of thousands joined protests in the Syrian capital, while in provincial towns tens of thousands took to the streets.(6) For 10 or 15 years beforehand, our regions and provincial towns had largely been left to sink or swim.(7) The teachers threatened to stage a sit-in outside the provincial governor's house if the problem was not resolved.(8) By 1923, the Capuchin provincial asked Solanus to keep a notebook of special cases and reported healings related to his consultations.(9) The total number who voted in the city election in Toronto was 699,000, compared to 850,000 in the provincial election.(10) Referring to electoral reform, government said it would implement the decision to review this matter before the next national and provincial elections set for 2009.(11) The Elections Finance Act prohibits most forms of political advertising for the initial week of a provincial election campaign, the day before voting day and day of the vote.(12) Elites in provincial towns in predominantly indigenous regions are often openly racist.(13) Some rural regions are close to urban centres, such as the regions of Manitoba that surround Winnipeg, the provincial capital with 600,000 people.(14) Our final day's sightseeing started in Sancti Spiritus, the provincial capital of the region of the same name, where the holiday celebrations were in full swing.(15) Mr Cowlam also disclosed that the Bradford bid was well-starred because the Government demanded that provincial workforces be as diverse as those in the capital.(16) A young woman in her twenties returns from the capital city to a provincial town where she grew up.
(1) provincial capital :: шимоли кишвар
(2) provincial government :: ҳукумати вилоят
(3) provincial level :: дар сатҳи вилоят
(4) provincial office :: идораи вилоятии
1. regional ::
2. nonmetropolitan ::
3. unsophisticated ::
4. hillbilly ::
5. bucolic ::
1. cosmopolitan ::
инсони ҳамаро фарогир
provincial, provincialism, provincially, provincials
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
It's my sister-in-law's breast.
Oh, you are so PROVINCIAL.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 12
- PROVINCIAL courage.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 9
English to Tajik Dictionary: provincial
Meaning and definitions of provincial, translation in Tajik language for provincial with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of provincial in Tajik and in English
Tags for the entry "provincial"
What provincial means in Tajik, provincial meaning
in Tajik, provincial definition, examples and pronunciation
of provincial in Tajik language.