Noun(1) a space reserved for sitting (as in a theater or on a train or airplane(2) the fleshy part of the human body that you sit on(3) furniture that is designed for sitting on(4) any support where you can sit (especially the part of a chair or bench etc. on which you sit(5) a center of authority (as a city from which authority is exercised(6) the location (metaphorically speaking(7) the legal right to sit as a member in a legislative or similar body(8) a part of a machine that supports or guides another part(9) the cloth covering for the buttocks
Verb(1) show to a seat; assign a seat for(2) be able to seat(3) place ceremoniously or formally in an office or position(4) put a seat on a chair(5) provide with seats(6) place or attach firmly in or on a base(7) place in or on a seat
(1) Ryan laughed from his comfy seat on the olive green armchair.(2) Keith watches me from his seat at the kitchen table, his eyes are a mix of anger, amazement and confusion.(3) Kilkenny castle was built in the 12th century and was the principal seat of the Butlers until 1935.(4) Artemis sat on top of the back of a chair, his bare feet resting on the seat .(5) On the plane, I sat in my window seat, and another passenger has the aisle seat .(6) If your seat is quiet, the horse is more likely to relax and slow his pace.(7) There are 19 tables, six of which seat six people; the rest of the tables are smaller, for two or three people.(8) She escaped to the solace of the dark bedchamber, easily finding the window bench seat without a candle.(9) Another oven is brought out - a stool with the seat cut out - so the cake tin can sit over the hole.(10) The beck breaks to the surface at the site of the former seat of the city's textile industry.(11) She settled against the cushioned leather seat and listened to the air controlled calm in the cabin.(12) He sat, not on the seat of the bench, but on the back, his feet resting on the seat .(13) I got up from my comfy seat on the couch and answered it, just so it would stop ringing.(14) Jenny and Jim watched him get up passively from his seat at the kitchen table.(15) he lost his seat in the 1998 election(16) I had arrived early enough to get an aisle seat in an exit row.
(1) seat belt :: тасмаи бехатарӣ
(2) have a seat :: як курсии
(3) take a seat :: як курсии
(4) toilet seat :: курсии ҳоҷатхона
(5) aisle seat :: нишастгоҳи канора
(6) window seat :: курсии тиреза
(7) fasten seat belts :: Камарбанди нишастгоҳро бандед
(8) please have a seat :: лутфан як курсии
(9) seat down :: курсии поён
1. chair ::
2. headquarters ::
3. stern ::
4. place ::
5. position ::
6. have room for ::
доранд, ҳуҷра барои
7. sit down ::
8. invest ::
seat, seated, seating, seats
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Woody Harrelson, live and in person.
Pull up a bong and take a SEAT.
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 9
It's true. At the store,
I had to put a SEAT on the toilet.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 18
I really want to sit
in that SEAT.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 24
Maybe you should
have a SEAT.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 16
May I be SEAT...
Well, I'll just sit.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 23
English to Tajik Dictionary: seat
Meaning and definitions of seat, translation in Tajik language for seat with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of seat in Tajik and in English language.
Tags for the entry "seat"
What seat means in Tajik, seat meaning in Tajik, seat definition, examples and pronunciation of seat in Tajik language.