Noun(1) the state of being silent (as when no one is speaking(2) the absence of sound(3) a refusal to speak when expected(4) the trait of keeping things secret
Verb(1) cause to be quiet or not talk(2) keep from expression, for example by threats or pressure
(1) But one of the things that of course was quite haunting about all this silence was the fact that the story of his father was not really present in his life as he grew up.(2) They ate in silence, until Mollie, full to bursting with unanswered questions, broke the silence .(3) The 4-0 performance was also one Parsley hopes will silence the critics.(4) Was not the official government silence deafening on this matter of security?(5) I don't know how long we sat there in silence, but our silence said so much.(6) Nor was it truly noise, because if it were noise, then it could cease, and that cessation of sound would be silence .(7) They were riding along in silence for a few moments, then Alia broke the silence .(8) To become a fluent writer, she argues, one must silence the critic early in the process.(9) A short silence in memory of the tsunami victims was observed at the start of the January meeting.(10) There was no wind rushing past his body, only eerie silence as he descended at breakneck speed.(11) Suddenly, the distant sound of sirens pierced the silence as the sound approached closer to the house.(12) DJs are forced to work with a limited palette, their only two tools being sound and silence .(13) Instead, his students created tiny theatre exercises, starting with silence and gradually adding sound.(14) The member did ask to be heard in silence, so therefore there should be silence .(15) His silence cannot hide the fact that this war represents a profound turning point in international relations.(16) Some scenes are hampered by an eerie tinny sound during moments of silence .
(1) dead silence :: хомӯшии мурда
(2) silence is golden :: хомӯшии тилло,
(3) in silence :: дар хомӯшй
(4) break the silence :: шикастани хомӯшӣ
(5) suffer in silence :: азоб дар хомӯшй
(6) deafening silence :: хомӯшии deafening
(7) silence gives consent :: хомӯшии розигии медиҳад
(8) moment of silence :: лаҳзаи хомӯшӣ
(9) pin drop silence :: пайвандак хомӯшии нутфа
4. quiet ::
5. secrecy ::
7. quiet ::
8. muffle ::
9. stop ::
10. shut up ::
1. noise ::
2. sound ::
silence, silenced, silences, silencing
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Okay, here he comes.
Deny, deny, deny, people. Wall of SILENCE.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 7
Silence, SILENCE, SILENCE.
Silence, it’s coming... it’s coming to me.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 9
- Pointing a loaded crossbow at Sansa Stark
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 6
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 5
Everyone, SILENCE! Clear the floor.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 2
English to Tajik Dictionary: silence
Meaning and definitions of silence, translation in Tajik language for silence with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of silence in Tajik and in English language.
Tags for the entry "silence"
What silence means in Tajik, silence meaning in Tajik, silence definition, examples and pronunciation of silence in Tajik language.