Noun(1) a swift whirling motion (usually of a missile(2) the act of rotating rapidly(3) a short drive in a car(4) rapid descent of an aircraft in a steep spiral(5) a distinctive interpretation (especially as used by politicians to sway public opinion
Verb(1) revolve quickly and repeatedly around one's own axis(2) stream in jets, of liquids(3) cause to spin(4) make up a story(5) form a web by making a thread(6) work natural fibers into a thread(7) twist and turn so as to give an intended interpretation(8) prolong or extend
(1) Overall, Karaoke Revolution is a creative spin on the rhythm genre.(2) This Saturday, take a spin through the eight tour venues and see how it's being done.(3) I suppose if we put a positive spin on things, if the 3.73 was outperformed by the 3.46, we'd have some real problems.(4) This gives him momentum and sets him up for the moment of delivery, when his unusually supple wrists impart prodigious spin to the ball.(5) You can spin / plug, cast baits from a beach, floatfish, bottom-fish and and even troll from a boat for fish up to 100 lb or so with it.(6) Then, both worker and queen larvae spin cocoons and pupate (undergo several changes to emerge as adult bees).(7) It might, except that the heavy right spin placed on the cue ball imparts a small amount of left spin to the object ball.(8) Edward had been very impressed at how quickly she could spin such an even thread.(9) Because no one would be physically present at the event, waving banners or singing songs, the company/media/government could spin the story however they liked.(10) Call me lazy, but I don't really want to grow my own cotton, spin my own thread, weave my own cloth, and sew a shirt out of it.(11) And if, for once, their clubs don't do the talking, rest assured they will still put a favourable spin on things when they enter the media arena.(12) the figures were enough to make her head spin(13) So ultimately, there is a positive spin to this news item.(14) As a fired bullet travels through the barrel, the grooves guide the bullet and give it a rapid spin .(15) This leaves room for some to develop a meritocratic spin on the capitalist system.(16) he concluded the dance with a double spin
(1) spin-off :: чархиш додан
(2) to spin :: ба чарх
(3) spin out :: мересанд берун
(4) spin around :: мересанд атрофи
(5) top spin :: чарх боло
(6) spin down :: мересанд поён
(7) spin doctor :: духтур чарх
(8) spin round :: даври чарх
1. rotation ::
2. slant ::
4. twist ::
5. tailspin ::
6. revolve ::
7. whirl ::
8. reel ::
9. tell ::
10. spin out ::
11. gyrate ::
12. twirl ::
spin, spins, spiny
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Since when do you go
to SPIN class?
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 20
give us a SPIN?
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 16
Sometimes they only get
to SPIN the teacups.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 6
- Do you think this is in poor taste?
- Does it SPIN around and do tricks?
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 9
The lies that lead you
to just one more hand,
one more SPIN,
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 4
English to Tajik Dictionary: spin
Meaning and definitions of spin, translation in Tajik language for spin with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of spin in Tajik and in English language.
Tags for the entry "spin"
What spin means in Tajik, spin meaning in Tajik, spin definition, examples and pronunciation of spin in Tajik language.