Noun(1) the astonishment you feel when something totally unexpected happens to you(2) a sudden unexpected event(3) the act of surprising someone
Verb(1) cause to be surprised(2) come upon or take unawares(3) attack by storm; attack suddenly
(1) 'Here?' she asked in surprise.(2) It is unlikely that anything you say will cause him or her shock or surprise .(3) He doesn't even try to hide the surprise in his voice at this.(4) With mild surprise , he noticed that she was wearing the breeches and shirt of a man.(5) the party was something of a surprise(6) imagine her surprise when she saw the car!(7) he didn't show any surprise(8) For his part, Eisenhower feared a surprise attack and war by miscalculation.(9) Information that is not tracked could later surprise the Army on the battlefield.(10) A surprise was sprung on a retiring vicar at a school assembly last week.(11) To General Hue, it looked like the ideal time to launch his surprise attack.(12) the election results were a surprise(13) that was a surprise result(14) He's even throwing me a surprise birthday party (I found out).(15) With mild surprise , she noticed that the sound came from the foot of the cliffs on which she stood.(16) the announcement came as a complete surprise
(1) surprise party :: ҳизби ҳайратовар
(2) to my surprise :: ба Ҳайратовар буд
(3) by surprise :: ногаҳонӣ
(4) to one's surprise :: ба ҳайрат як
(5) pleasant surprise :: ҳайратовар гуворо
(6) surprise attack :: ҳуҷуми ногаҳонӣ
(7) take by surprise :: гирифта ногаҳонӣ
(8) great surprise :: ҳайратовар бузург
(9) express surprise :: ҳайратовар экспресс
1. astonishment ::
2. shock ::
3. surprisal ::
4. astonish ::
5. take by surprise ::
6. storm ::
surprise, surprised, surprises, surprising, surprisings
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
I wanted to SURPRISE her.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 18
No, it's not a nice SURPRISE,
it's a bad SURPRISE.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 4
That will be a SURPRISE, I expect.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 7
What a nice SURPRISE!
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 6
and I don't want to blow the SURPRISE.
We'll be there.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 6
English to Tajik Dictionary: surprise
Meaning and definitions of surprise, translation in Tajik language for surprise with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of surprise in Tajik and in English language.
Tags for the entry "surprise"
What surprise means in Tajik, surprise meaning in Tajik, surprise definition, examples and pronunciation of surprise in Tajik language.