- фурӯ бурдемфурӯ бурдфурўбарїҷодуҳояшонро
Noun(1) a small amount of liquid food(2) the act of swallowing(3) small long-winged songbird noted for swift graceful flight and the regularity of its migrations
Verb(1) pass through the esophagus as part of eating or drinking(2) engulf and destroy(3) enclose or envelop completely, as if by swallowing(4) utter indistinctly(5) take back what one has said(6) keep from expressing(7) tolerate or accommodate oneself to(8) believe or accept without questioning or challenge
(1) He's one of those men who swallow their feelings for the sake of a quiet life and it makes them fat.(2) This statement has the virtue of being true, even if it is a truth that will be hard to swallow for Labour's election campaign managers.(3) I take a swallow of my margarita and get ready to ask her one more time if I can see it.(4) Alex sighed, then downed his drink in one swallow and returned for another one.(5) He took a huge gulp of milk to swallow the food down faster.(6) Though players at other positions can hide from the media, the quarterback must face all the questions and swallow the criticism.(7) A swallow of the whiskey caused a flush to rise again to Alex's face as he added the names of the survivors to the recording.(8) In normal persons, swallowing is initiated promptly, and no significant amount of material is retained after a swallow .(9) Your baby won't know how to swallow food at this stage, but with luck some of the food will slide down your baby's throat.(10) The crook-Conservatives lie to the idiot-conservatives who swallow the lies hook, line and sinker.(11) All semblance of evil were slowly drained away as he drank swallow after swallow of this liquid fire.(12) He took a deep breath and a swallow of water from his mug.(13) Thilda shrugged her shoulders and took a swallow of her mead.(14) So I swallow hard and silently root for a split decision.(15) he downed his drink in one swallow(16) Because you have bitter taste receptors at the back of your mouth and the top of your throat, you should swallow the beer.
(1) to swallow :: фурӯ
(2) swallow it :: фурӯ
(3) swallow up :: фурӯ
(4) swallow down :: фурӯ
(5) swallow whole :: тамоми фурӯ бурдем
(6) barn swallow :: худ фурӯ анбор
(7) bitter pill to swallow :: њабњо талх фурӯ
1. drink ::
2. sup ::
3. eat ::
4. tolerate ::
5. believe ::
6. restrain ::
7. eat up ::
8. accept ::
9. get down ::
10. take back ::
swallow, swallowed, swallowing, swallows
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
He made him SWALLOW all the coins
he had skimmed, one by one,
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 10
...it'll create a black hole and SWALLOW up
the Earth, ending life as we know it.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 15
Chaos. A gaping pit waiting
to SWALLOW us all.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 6
Now, I didn't SWALLOW it,
but Amy said it counted.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 11
A darkness that will SWALLOW the dawn.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 8
English to Tajik Dictionary: swallow
Meaning and definitions of swallow, translation in Tajik language for swallow with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of swallow in Tajik and in English language.
Tags for the entry "swallow"
What swallow means in Tajik, swallow meaning in Tajik, swallow definition, examples and pronunciation of swallow in Tajik language.