Noun(1) the sound made by a gentle blow(2) a gentle blow(3) a faucet for drawing water from a pipe or cask(4) a small metal plate that attaches to the toe or heel of a shoe (as in tap dancing(5) a tool for cutting female (internal(6) a plug for a bunghole in a cask(7) the act of tapping a telephone or telegraph line to get information(8) a light touch or stroke
Verb(1) cut a female screw thread with a tap(2) draw from or dip into to get something(3) strike lightly(4) draw from; make good use of(5) tap a telephone or telegraph wire to get information(6) furnish with a tap or spout, so as to be able to draw liquid from it(7) make light, repeated taps on a surface(8) walk with a tapping sound(9) dance and make rhythmic clicking sounds by means of metal plates nailed to the sole of the dance shoes(10) draw (liquor(11) pierce in order to draw a liquid from(12) make a solicitation or entreaty for something; request urgently or persistently
(1) She turned the tap and splashed cold water onto her face.(2) The tap was a veritable hub of activity and human drama.(3) A light tap on his shoulder makes him turn around.(4) So if, in the Northeast, there's an emergency, we have two million barrels that we can tap into.(5) It was the first-ever tap of a private computer network under a 1968 crime act that set legal guidelines for wiretaps.(6) The police were given wider powers to tap phones, record other conversations and intercept mail, for periods of up to one year.(7) Her micro-course crÔö£┬┐me brÔö£ÔòùlÔö£┬«es were faultless, the caramel cracking obligingly with the lightest tap of a spoon, the base just on the oozing side of set.(8) While we had the spindle out of the planer, we decided to drill and tap the other two sides of the square cutter head, so four blades could be mounted if needed.(9) she turned the cold tap on(10) They climbed trees to tap palm wine or fermented grain beers from harvest surpluses.(11) there was a sharp tap at the door(12) For a long time it controlled the tap on how much surplus oil was entering the market.(13) a rhythm much used in tap(14) I listened to the tap of her feet against the wooden floor, and could have sworn that it matched my own heart's beat.(15) For a weekly fee of $650, each dancer gets a morning of either jazz, ballet or tap , followed by an afternoon of their own choice of dance curriculum.(16) Making threads in wood usually was done with a matched set of hand tools - a steel or iron tap for cutting internal spiral threads into a hole in a block of wood, and a screw box for cutting external spiral threads around a wooden rod
(1) tap water :: оби ба
(2) water tap :: лўлаи об
(3) tap out :: такидан
(4) on tap :: оид ба ламс
(5) tap dancing :: рақс ламс
(6) double tap :: дукарата ламс
(7) tap on :: нуқтаеро дар бораи
(8) turn off the tap :: хомӯш лўлаи
(9) tap changer :: тағйирдиҳандае ламс
1. faucet ::
2. listening device ::
3. knock ::
4. pat ::
5. hydrant ::
6. strike ::
7. spigot ::
8. wiretap ::
9. drain ::
11. bug ::
12. draw on ::
13. knock ::
14. pat ::
15. tip ::
16. beg ::
17. exploit ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
and TAP your phones,
and not just you, Ted,
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 9
They could TAP into the intern's phone!
Money Heist Season 3, Episode 4
We didn't get to TAP
the juicy vein that is Howard's.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 17
from the walk-in
and not water from the TAP.
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 8
We must TAP that phone.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 5
English to Tajik Dictionary: tap
Meaning and definitions of tap, translation in Tajik language for tap with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of tap in Tajik and in English language.
Tags for the entry "tap"
What tap means in Tajik, tap meaning in Tajik, tap definition, examples and pronunciation of tap in Tajik language.