Noun(1) a long thin piece of cloth or paper as used for binding or fastening(2) a recording made on magnetic tape(3) the finishing line for a foot race(4) measuring instrument consisting of a narrow strip (cloth or metal(5) memory device consisting of a long thin plastic strip coated with iron oxide; used to record audio or video signals or to store computer information
Verb(1) fasten or attach with tape(2) record on videotape(3) register electronically
(1) On the path a few solitary scraps of withered white and blue police tape were a solemn reminder of the crime scene.(2) secure the bandage with tape(3) If they survived that, and the ceremony, the newlyweds were required to hold the winning tape for a race among villagers along the main street.(4) In his address he complimented the huge turnout and afterwards he and the priest cut the tape to set the walkers on their way.(5) There was no blue and white tape , no forensic team.(6) He hadn't noticed before that the tape in the cassette player had come to an end and the cab was almost fittingly silent.(7) I also learned it doesn't pay to tape over old videos.(8) The Foley catheter then is secured to the patient's leg with a leg strap or tape .(9) Measure the distance with a tape .(10) She went into high gear in the last few meters on Friday to win the women's marathon, while Allan Ballester of the Philippines crossed the men's tape .(11) The criminals slot cardboard or plastic devices into the machine and stick double-sided tape to the card slot.(12) We went out to dine last night, so I set the video to tape Maria Callas: Living and Dying for Art and Love.(13) She takes a photograph of him from an envelope in her purse, and I tape the picture next to the others on the wall, in history.(14) Here is a tape of a live radio broadcast some years ago.(15) In a subtractive process, strips of tape are progressively removed from the canvas's surface as color is applied in a systematic fashion.(16) He had also wedged three home-made stun grenades, made from TNT, aluminium powder and tape , in his belt.
(1) tape measure :: ба андозаи лента
(2) tape recorder :: Сабткунандаи навор
(3) adhesive tape :: навор илтиёмї
(4) red tape :: навор сурх
(5) measuring tape :: навор ченкунӣ
(6) duct tape :: навори duct
(7) masking tape :: навор masking
(8) sticky tape :: навор часпанда
(9) magnetic tape :: навор магнитӣ
(10) video tape :: навори видеоӣ
1. binding ::
2. adhesive tape ::
4. magnetic tape ::
6. tape measure ::
ба андозаи лента
7. bind ::
9. record ::
10. videotape ::
tape, taped, tapes, taping
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
A little electrical TAPE, some solder...
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 12
That sad sack from the karaoke TAPE?
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 8
What's on the TAPE?
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 10
You don't know
what a sex TAPE is, do you?
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 6
and a roll of duct TAPE?
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 14
English to Tajik Dictionary: tape
Meaning and definitions of tape, translation in Tajik language for tape with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of tape in Tajik and in English language.
Tags for the entry "tape"
What tape means in Tajik, tape meaning in Tajik, tape definition, examples and pronunciation of tape in Tajik language.