Noun(1) a specific feeling of desire(2) an expression of some desire or inclination(3) (usually plural(4) the particular preference that you have
Verb(1) hope for; have a wish(2) prefer or wish to do something(3) make or express a wish(4) feel or express a desire or hope concerning the future or fortune of(5) order politely; express a wish for(6) invoke upon
(1) they wish her every success(2) We all shared a wish , a hope, and a dream to bring back justice, freedom and most of all fun.(3) if you wish(4) She shuts her eyes and makes a wish in her head then blows out the candles.(5) I guessed that my life was such a disaster that I didn't have the mind to have a dream, a wish of my own.(6) I wish that I hadn't done that(7) I wish it to be clearly understood(8) Let those involved decide if they'd wish to participate in the meting out of justice.(9) His attitude is that he does not wish to be involved in any argument whether this valuation is right or wrong.(10) We expect and hope that Australia and Indonesia have the same wish .(11) We both expressed our wish to continue these talks and to find sensible solutions.(12) I wish to be involved in deciding the treatment I receive as much as possible.(13) The idea of the lake stretching across the whole world was only a desire, a wish shared by everyone in Belryno.(14) But it must be more than a hope or a wish , more than knowing that it is good for you.(15) I would not wish it on the vilest soul(16) You however did, and as I'm twenty I no longer have to follow your every wish and whim.
(1) as you wish :: чӣ тавре ки шумо мехоҳед
(2) make a wish :: орзу кардан
(3) to wish :: ба орзу
(4) if you wish :: Агар шумо мехоҳед
(5) wish for :: мехоҳанд, барои
(6) wish to :: мехоҳанд
(7) death wish :: хоњиши қатл
(8) last wish :: хоњиши гузашта
1. desire ::
2. request ::
3. indirect request ::
4. regard ::
5. wishing ::
6. desire ::
7. want ::
8. bid ::
9. like ::
10. wish well ::
wish, wished, wisher, wishers, wishes, wishful, wishing
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
A servant who does not WISH to see
its traditions eradicated.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 6
I WISH I could tell him all the answers.
It would be much easier.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 7
Wish I'd listened to him.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 9
Does anyone WISH to speak for candidates
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 2
Wait a minute. You making a WISH?
You gotta make a WISH.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 11
English to Tajik Dictionary: wish
Meaning and definitions of wish, translation in Tajik language for wish with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of wish in Tajik and in English language.
Tags for the entry "wish"
What wish means in Tajik, wish meaning in Tajik, wish definition, examples and pronunciation of wish in Tajik language.