Noun(1) a unit of length equal to 3 feet; defined as 91.44 centimeters; originally taken to be the average length of a stride(2) the enclosed land around a house or other building(3) a tract of land enclosed for particular activities (sometimes paved and usually associated with buildings(4) the cardinal number that is the product of 10 and 100(5) a unit of volume (as for sand or gravel(6) a tract of land where logs are accumulated(7) an area having a network of railway tracks and sidings for storage and maintenance of cars and engines(8) a long horizontal spar tapered at the end and used to support and spread a square sail or lateen(9) an enclosure for animals (as chicken or livestock
(1) a builder's yard(2) Five or six trips to the dump yard on the far lands and I stopped for something to eat.(3) When snow is deep and moose '' yard '' together, they are more accessible in greater numbers to wolves.(4) But, unknown to her owner, for the past three weeks Tiny has been wandering into the yard at Clacton police station looking for food and attention.(5) It took about a whole two acres, and it stood behind the courtyard right in between the buildings that surrounded the yard .(6) Although they yard together in spring, during most of the year, moose are solitary secretive animals and very wary of mankind.(7) Prosecuting counsel Amy Nicholson told the court that on January 23 the police searched the yard of a business run by Murphy and Sanderson.(8) The sides were covered almost completely by green ivy vines and the yard surrounding the building was overgrown with cypress trees.(9) The gang loaded the bikes which all had keys in the ignition on to a trailer belonging to garage owner Rhett Fisher, who leases part of his yard to the business.(10) He moves one of the sails so that the yard catches Will and swings him out over the sea. Now, as long as you're just hanging there, pay attention.(11) I have a several yard length of linen, and one of ramie, that are ivory/beige right now.(12) a storage yard(13) Their recreation area is a yard , measuring 45 feet by 20, with a steel mesh covering on top.(14) Weeks of learning 12 inches to one foot, three feet to a yard , 22 yards to a chain and however many chains to a mile - with rods, poles and perches somewhere in between.(15) They stood in the foot ropes of the main mast topsail yard .(16) He had previously used the yard for the purposes of an ambulance business which had ceased to trade in about 1995.
(1) front yard :: ҳавлӣ пеши
(2) yard sale :: фурўши ҳавлӣ
(3) in the yard :: дар саҳни ҳавлӣ
(4) back yard :: ҳавлӣ баргашт
(5) junk yard :: ҳавлӣ партовҳои
(6) square yard :: ҳавлӣ мураббаъ
(7) cubic yard :: ҳавлӣ мукааб
(8) salvage yard :: ҳавлӣ бақиявӣ
(9) marshalling yard :: ҳавлӣ marshalling
(10) storage yard :: ҳавлӣ нигаҳдории
1. backyard ::
2. workshop ::
3. pace ::
5. cubic yard ::
6. railway yard ::
ҳавлӣ роҳи оҳан
7. curtilage ::
yard, yardage, yardages, yards
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
in the wreck YARD.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 8
We're not going to hurt him
in the training YARD anymore.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 4
and they knew
we were going to the wreck YARD,
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 11
He turned 4 in May. He's a Gemini.
Would love this YARD.
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 3
Okay, so no chow line, no YARD.
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 8
English to Tajik Dictionary: yard
Meaning and definitions of yard, translation in Tajik language for yard with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of yard in Tajik and in English language.
Tags for the entry "yard"
What yard means in Tajik, yard meaning in Tajik, yard definition, examples and pronunciation of yard in Tajik language.