Noun(1) an earlier section of a written text
Adjective(1) appearing earlier in the same text
Adverb(1) (in writing(2) in or to a place that is higher
(1) This is why the public sector needs to be above preferment and dealism.(2) The temporal lobes of the brain lie at the sides of the head above the ears.(3) Low to mid-20s would be a good average for most people with anything above seen as a bonus.(4) they're all six foot or above(5) We can compete with sides above us, we've just got to make sure we get our game right.(6) Then Briony became silent, staring angrily at the space above his left shoulder.(7) Keep in mind that abdominal muscle force increases as the arms are extended further above the head.(8) All of the above come with roasted potatoes, rice or fries, and fresh market vegetables.(9) Jimmy Saville, in trademark shell suit, made his entrance through the audience like a boxer, arms above his head.(10) at the above address(11) place a quantity of mud in a jar with water above(12) everyone was aged 70 or above(13) As the man says, the French appear to value their right to drive and park however they want above public safety.(14) If the plant has not been pruned for a couple of years and still looks too big after this, the flowering stems can be trimmed back to just above a side shoot.(15) above the door(16) I waved my arms in the air above my head and nearly lost my voice while trying to sing along.
(1) above all :: пеш аз ҳама
(2) the above :: боло
(3) as above :: тавре ки дар боло
(4) above average :: миёна боло
(5) see above :: нигаред ба боло
(6) same as above :: ҳамон тавре ки дар боло
(7) above-mentioned :: дар боло зикршуда
(8) from above :: ки аз болои
(9) rise above :: қиём боло
(10) above and beyond :: боло ва берун аз
1. preceding ::
2. overhead ::
5. supra ::
6. over ::
7. superior to ::
8. beyond ::
9. more than ::
10. greater than ::
1. below ::
2. beneath ::
3. under ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
at the end of the
string ABOVE them.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 17
and a production of Anne Frank
ABOVE a bowling alley.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 13
She's 2 feet ABOVE the ground.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 2
PMC: Engaging enemy mobiles
ABOVE the Cradle.
Westworld Season 2, Episode 7
Over and ABOVE.
Service-wise, this is over and ABOVE.
Breaking Bad Season 3, Episode 13
English to Tajik Dictionary: above
Meaning and definitions of above, translation in Tajik language for above with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of above in Tajik and in English language.
Tags for the entry "above"
What above means in Tajik, above meaning in Tajik, above definition, examples and pronunciation of above in Tajik language.