- иваз карданивазивазкунандаиивазкунанда
Noun(1) a person or thing that takes or can take the place of another(2) an athlete who plays only when a starter on the team is replaced(3) someone who takes the place of another (as when things get dangerous or difficult
Verb(1) put in the place of another; switch seemingly equivalent items(2) be a substitute(3) act as a substitute
Adjective(1) capable of substituting in any of several positions on a team(2) serving or used in place of another(3) artificial and inferior
(1) I invariably order too much and end up feeling gluttonous, but no matter - there's no substitute for excellent sushi when you're in the mood for it.(2) a father substitute(3) But super-power trappings offer only a flimsy mask for the realities of poverty and are no substitute for grassroots economic development.(4) Material comforts can never substitute unconditional love from one's family, whatever the comfort might be.(5) I found someone to substitute for me(6) Once a player has played a card to a trick, she may not change her mind and substitute a different card.(7) Parsley again goes into a cup match without a substitute goalkeeper.(8) Simply put, no federal outreach effort can substitute for the quality and quantity of contacts that local police officers have within the neighborhoods they serve.(9) Put simply, there is no substitute for expressing ideas in precise yet abstract symbols, which can then be manipulated and exploited using established laws and procedures.(10) Tell your kids that you are going to substitute every 3 minutes and that they all get to play equally.(11) No substitute for experience exists, though, and I certainly will not make the same mistake again.(12) Real-time data informing the passenger of poor service availability is no substitute for improved service availability.(13) Ms O'Connor claimed that emergency medical technicians had five days training at most in childbirth and that this was no substitute for midwifery assistance.(14) The instructor had been an older man and someone that Carl had seen as a father figure, a substitute to fill part of a missing piece of his life.(15) This week will substitute for the monthly meeting for May.(16) No longer can a lot of cheery-sounding mush from teachers and administrators substitute for hard facts.
(1) substitute for :: ҷонишине барои
(2) substitute teacher :: муаллими ҷонишине
(3) sugar substitute :: ивазкунандаи шакар
(4) temporary substitute :: ивазкунандаи муваққатӣ
1. replacement ::
2. fill-in ::
пур карда шудан
3. reserve ::
4. exchange ::
5. deputize ::
6. sub ::
7. acting ::
8. ersatz ::
9. utility ::
10. alternate ::
substitute, substituted, substitutes, substituting
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
The superintendent is on his way
to SUBSTITUTE you.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 13
Little harder to draw from,
but there's no SUBSTITUTE
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 2
English to Tajik Dictionary: substitute
Meaning and definitions of substitute, translation in Tajik language for substitute with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of substitute in Tajik and in English language.
Tags for the entry "substitute"
What substitute means in Tajik, substitute meaning in Tajik, substitute definition, examples and pronunciation of substitute in Tajik language.