Verb(1) know and comprehend the nature or meaning of(2) perceive (an idea or situation(3) make sense of a language(4) believe to be the case(5) be understanding of
(1) I understand you're at art school(2) he didn't understand a word I said(3) Discovering how other languages work helps you understand your own better.(4) I knew you'd understand(5) They must take the initiative to understand indigenous languages and cultures.(6) I didn't understand a word of the German they were singing in, but that didn't seem to matter at all.(7) what do you understand by that term?(8) he couldn't understand why we burst out laughing(9) At the same time, the painting's title requires us to understand it as a view of New York.(10) She looked at me with no expression at all as if she didn't understand a word I'd said.(11) We understand that this constant credit information might become irritating for some users.(12) I understand that many of the resorts in the region have received cancellations.(13) Many believe his discovery will change the face of science and how scientists understand the very nature of reality.(14) I can't understand it!(15) she didn't really understand the situation(16) she wasn't married, I understand
(1) not understand :: ба ақл дарнамеёбед
(2) to understand :: фаҳмидан
(3) understand me :: фаҳмидан ман
(4) try to understand :: кӯшиш барои фаҳмидани
(5) hard to understand :: барои фаҳмидан душвор аст
(6) difficult to understand :: душворфаҳм
1. comprehend ::
2. appreciate ::
3. believe ::
4. read ::
5. infer ::
6. realize ::
7. sympathize ::
8. get it ::
1. miss ::
ба ҳадаф нарасидан
understand, understandable, understanding, understandings, understands
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
We UNDERSTAND. Thank you so much.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 19
She wants her home back. I UNDERSTAND that.
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 8
When I return, you will UNDERSTAND.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 3
I'm just trying to UNDERSTAND.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 2
I don't UNDERSTAND your objections,
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 12
English to Tajik Dictionary: understand
Meaning and definitions of understand, translation in Tajik language for understand with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of understand in Tajik and in English language.
Tags for the entry "understand"
What understand means in Tajik, understand meaning in Tajik, understand definition, examples and pronunciation of understand in Tajik language.