Noun(1) any maneuver made as part of progress toward a goal(2) how much there is or how many there are of something that you can quantify(3) a statute in draft before it becomes law(4) the act or process of assigning numbers to phenomena according to a rule(5) a basis for comparison; a reference point against which other things can be evaluated(6) (prosody(7) musical notation for a repeating pattern of musical beats(8) measuring instrument having a sequence of marks at regular intervals; used as a reference in making measurements(9) a container of some standard capacity that is used to obtain fixed amounts of a substance
Verb(1) determine the measurements of something or somebody, take measurements of(2) express as a number or measure or quantity(3) have certain dimensions(4) evaluate or estimate the nature, quality, ability, extent, or significance of
(1) The paper editions measure approximately 24 by 34 inches and the canvas editions measure 40 by 55 inches.(2) For one test, a device called a reflectometer is used to measure the degree of whiteness in processed tuber samples destined to become chips.(3) I am going to measure you and then recommend a bra size.(4) the Senate passed the measure by a 48├ö├ç├┤30 vote(5) it was a measure of the team's problems that they were still working after 2 a.m.(6) The units will also measure electromagnetic fields from other sources, such as radio and TV.(7) the full measure of support(8) as an emergency measure(9) Critics of the measure worry that the bill will depress the price of US labour in the tech sector.(10) it is hard to measure teaching ability(11) the growth of towns was in large measure the result of employment(12) It would at least have given a clear measure of the extent of anti-agreement sentiment in the unionist community.(13) now tread we a measure!(14) Mareen came in with two palace tailors to measure me for the wedding.(15) The birds twitter, the horn calls back, the mountain folk dance a droll measure , and all's right with the Alpine world.(16) By the late 70s he had achieved a measure of fame.
(1) tape measure :: ба андозаи лента
(2) to measure :: барои чен
(3) unit of measure :: воҳиди ченак
(4) measure up :: чен боло
(5) beyond measure :: берун аз андоза
(6) made to measure :: дод, барои чен
(7) measure out :: чен берун
(8) precautionary measure :: чораи эҳтиётӣ
(9) measure word :: калимаи чораи
(10) safety measure :: чораи бехатарӣ
1. action ::
2. statute ::
3. system ::
4. quantity ::
5. a certain amount ::
як миқдори муайяни
6. yardstick ::
7. measurement ::
8. criterion ::
9. cadence ::
10. measuring stick ::
11. bar ::
12. step ::
13. bill ::
14. calculate ::
15. compare with ::
16. assess ::
17. measure out ::
18. quantify ::
measure, measured, measureless, measurement, measurements, measures, measuring
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
(tape MEASURE retracting)
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 17
Your first date? What...
Did you even MEASURE her walls?
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 21
And, honestly, I believe
it’s a very unfair MEASURE.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 9
Tokyo, it's a safety MEASURE.
Money Heist Season 3, Episode 7
I need to MEASURE
my fluid intake and output...
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 11
English to Tajik Dictionary: measure
Meaning and definitions of measure, translation in Tajik
language for measure with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of measure in Tajik and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'measure'
What measure means in Tajik, measure meaning
in Tajik, measure
definition, examples and pronunciation
of measure in Tajik language.